- КНИЖНЫЕ ПОЛКИ
- СЕГОДНЯ НА ПОРТАЛЕ
A novel of anger, jealousy, betrayal and murder in 2000 BCIt is Egypt, 2000 BC, where death gives meaning to life. At the foot of a cliff lies the broken, twisted body of Nofret, concubine to a Ka-priest. Young, beautiful and venomous, most agree that she deserved to die like a snake.Yet Renisenb, the priest’s daughter, believes that the woman’s death was not fate, but murder. Increasingly, she becomes convinced that the source of evil lurks within her own father’s household.As the wife of an eminent archaeologist, Agatha Christie took part in several expeditions to the Middle East. Drawing upon this experience and exhaustive research, she wrote this serial killer mystery laid in Egypt 4000 years ago.
Published by HarperCollinsPublishers Ltd
1 London Bridge Street
London SE1 9GF
First published in Great Britain by Collins, The Crime Club 1944
Death Comes as the End™ is a trade mark of Agatha Christie Limited and Agatha Christie® and the Agatha Christie Signature are registered trade marks of Agatha Christie Limited in the UK and elsewhere.
Copyright © 1944 Agatha Christie Limited. All rights reserved.
Cover by designedbydavid.co.uk (http://designedbydavid.co.uk) © HarperCollins/Agatha Christie Ltd 2017
Agatha Christie asserts the moral right to be identified as the author of this work.
A catalogue copy of this book is available from the British Library.
This novel is entirely a work of fiction. The names, characters and incidents portrayed in it are the work of the author’s imagination. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or localities is entirely coincidental.
All rights reserved under International and Pan-American Copyright Conventions. By payment of the required fees, you have been granted the non-exclusive, non-transferable right to access and read the text of this e-book on screen. No part of this text may be reproduced, transmitted, down-loaded, decompiled, reverse engineered, or stored in or introduced into any information storage and retrieval system, in any form or by any means, whether electronic or mechanical, now known or hereinafter invented, without the express written permission of HarperCollins.
Source ISBN: 9780008196325
Ebook Edition © March 2017 ISBN: 9780007422265
TO PROFESSOR S.R.K. GLANVILLE
It was you who originally suggested to me the idea of a detective story set in Ancient Egypt, and but for your active help and encouragement this book would never have been written.
I want to say here how much I have enjoyed all the interesting literature you have lent me and to thank you once more for the patience with which you have answered my questions and for the time and trouble you have expended. The pleasure and interest which the writing of the book has brought to me you already know.
Your affectionate and grateful friend,
Title Page (#u5494e88a-c697-54fb-a177-93db1a27bad0)
Author’s Note (#u38148a85-909b-59f4-8d22-6f1fc9c2817a)
PART ONE: Inundation (#u1f32757a-26b2-55d8-818c-b873595051cb)
1. Second Month—20th Day (#uf1d57ef0-aedf-50f7-babd-c00bc1ff257c)
2. Third Month—4th Day (#u4733f930-b255-5153-ab61-0cdf1128e747)
3. Third Month—14th Day (#ue2ae65af-95ce-557c-81e6-5d8e9ccf83bf)
4. Third Month—15th Day (#u63e5e8be-ccc6-5c6a-b63f-1955d96956f3)
5. Fourth Month—5th Day (#ua462de3f-8e98-5e64-934e-6252df5c062a)
PART TWO: Winter (#u6929a66f-1f95-51d4-8a2e-5c3306d2042f)
6. First Month—4th Day (#u4296ab41-a7e0-560b-941b-3f47883866c7)
7. First Month—5th Day (#litres_trial_promo)
8. Second Month—10th Day (#litres_trial_promo)
9. Second Month—10th Day (#litres_trial_promo)
10. Fourth Month—6th Day (#litres_trial_promo)
PART THREE: Summer (#litres_trial_promo)
11. First Month—11th Day (#litres_trial_promo)
12. First Month—12th Day (#litres_trial_promo)
13. First Month—23rd Day (#litres_trial_promo)
14. First Month—25th Day (#litres_trial_promo)
15. First Month—30th Day (#litres_trial_promo)
16. Second Month—1st Day (#litres_trial_promo)