2. an animal
3. a big bird
4. a small demon
4. Why does the girl agree to marry a king?
1. Because she knows how to spin.
2. Because she does not need her head.
3. Because she thinks that he will forget about his promise.
4. Because she has nobody to marry.
5. What is a skein?
1. a machine for spinning
2. a length of yarn or thread in a loose coil
3. a round piece of wool
4. silk bobbin
6. What is Tom Tit Tot’s payment?
1. three jars of gold
2. the girl herself
3. the pies
4. the kingdom
7. Выберите правильный вариант:
1. The king helped his wife to spin.
2. The king is very kind.
3. The king killed the impet.
4. The king learned the impet’s name.
8. What does it mean, “the pies will come again”?
1. The pies have legs.
2. The pies will be ready soon.
3. The pies left, but they promised to return.
4. The pies usually come and go away.
9. Why did the impet twirl his tail?
1. He was nervous.
2. He was proud of his tail.
3. He had nothing to play with.
4. He did not know what to do with his tail.
10. Выберите нужный глагол:
The impet _____________ from the girl a promise that she will be his.
11. Выберите нужные глаголы:
The king _________ to his wife, “Now _________ me what you _________.”
1. told, promise, give
2. tells, give, promised
3. promised, tell, give
4. gave, promise, give
12. Выберите нужный предлог:
for – of – with – on
1. Put the pies ________ the shelf, and leave them there a little.
2. During eleven months ________ the year she will have everything that she wants.