4. When she did this she saw she did not have enough money to boil the boy.
8. Why did Jack fill the witch’s bag with all the pots that he could find?
1. Just in case.[42 - Just in case. – На всякий случай.]
2. He wanted to cheat her.
3. He liked to fill the bags with pots.
4. He did not need pots anymore.
9. Why did the witch come back to the town all the time?
1. Because she did not know the right way.
2. Because she had a weak memory.
3. Because she liked the town.
4. Because she was superstitious.
10. Выберите нужный глагол:
The witch asked some men who were ____ __________ the hedge by the road to take care of her bag till she came back.
11. Выберите нужные глаголы:
Jack _____________ to give the witch any of his buttermilk, so the witch _____________ him into a bag that she _____________ over her shoulders.
1. refused, carried, put
2. put, carried, refused
3. carried, refused, put
4. refused, put, carried
12. Выберите нужный предлог:
into – with – on – out
1. I’ll put you _____________ my bag and carry away.
2. Then the men took Jack _____________ of the bag, and he gave them the buttermilk.
3. When she came home she emptied the bag _____________ the white table again.
4. The witch left the bag _____________ some men who were mending the road.
13. Ответьте на вопросы:
1. How many persons are mentioned in the story?
2. What is Jack’s occupation?
3. What do witches usually do?
4. What do you like and what don’t you like in the characters?
5. What would you do if you were the main character of the story?
6. What is the end of the story?
7. Retell the story.
14. Заполните таблицу:
1. The witch asked Jack for some buttermilk.
2. a sour liquid which remains after the butter was separated from milk
3. a woman who possesses evil magic powers
4. Because he did not want to give her buttermilk for free.
5. Because her bag was very heavy.
6. Because she understood that it was useless.
7. When she did this she saw she did not have enough water to boil the boy.
8. He wanted to cheat her.
9. Because she had a weak memory.
10. The witch asked some men who were brushing the hedge by the road to take care of her bag till she came back.