The owner of a seaside villa is plagued by strange feelings about its past…Soon after Gwenda moved into her new home, odd things started to happen. Despite her best efforts to modernise the house, she only succeeded in dredging up its past. Worse, she felt an irrational sense of terror every time she climbed the stairs…In fear, Gwenda turned to Miss Marple to exorcise her ghosts. Between them, they were to solve a ‘perfect’ crime committed many years before.
Published by HarperCollinsPublishers Ltd
1 London Bridge Street
London SE1 9GF
First published in Great Britain by
Collins, The Crime Club 1976
Sleeping Murder™ is a trade mark of Agatha Christie Limited and Agatha Christie® Marple® and the Agatha Christie Signature are registered trade marks of Agatha Christie Limited in the UK and elsewhere. Copyright © 1976 Agatha Christie Limited. All rights reserved.
Cover by www.designedbydavid.co.uk (http://www.designedbydavid.co.uk) © HarperCollins/Agatha Christie Ltd 2016
Agatha Christie asserts the moral right to be identified as the author of this work.
A catalogue copy of this book is available from the British Library.
This novel is entirely a work of fiction. The names, characters and incidents portrayed in it are the work of the author’s imagination. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or localities is entirely coincidental.
All rights reserved under International and Pan-American Copyright Conventions. By payment of the required fees, you have been granted the non-exclusive, non-transferable right to access and read the text of this e-book on screen. No part of this text may be reproduced, transmitted, down-loaded, decompiled, reverse engineered, or stored in or introduced into any information storage and retrieval system, in any form or by any means, whether electronic or mechanical, now known or hereinafter invented, without the express written permission of HarperCollins.
Source ISBN: 9780008196639
Ebook Edition © December 2016 ISBN: 9780007422814
Title Page (#uef6b1eca-d8d5-50b0-bbef-0c4c61a4a411)
1. A House (#ud59e7c4d-7c21-59e6-9603-8916cd73cf85)
2. Wallpaper (#u01470d47-c2ca-52ca-b85a-97b7e8cf471d)
3. ‘Cover her face …’ (#u80ae9965-f98d-590c-98d3-e6fc2a12b436)
4. Helen? (#u6de28fad-b128-57bc-8274-62e69574cd67)
5. Murder in Retrospect (#u91d8ea68-c53d-5d43-b21d-c08ebe58c03c)
6. Exercise in Detection (#uf37f5651-bf69-5c12-9c4f-dc1cc6cb73ff)
7. Dr Kennedy (#litres_trial_promo)
8. Kelvin Halliday’s Delusion (#litres_trial_promo)
9. Unknown Factor? (#litres_trial_promo)
10. A Case History (#litres_trial_promo)
11. The Men in Her Life (#litres_trial_promo)
12. Lily Kimble (#litres_trial_promo)
13. Walter Fane (#litres_trial_promo)
14. Edith Pagett (#litres_trial_promo)
15. An Address (#litres_trial_promo)
16. Mother’s Son (#litres_trial_promo)
17. Richard Erskine (#litres_trial_promo)
18. Bindweed (#litres_trial_promo)
19. Mr Kimble Speaks (#litres_trial_promo)
20. The Girl Helen (#litres_trial_promo)
21. J. J. Afflick (#litres_trial_promo)
22. Lily Keeps an Appointment (#litres_trial_promo)
23. Which of Them? (#litres_trial_promo)
24. The Monkey’s Paws (#litres_trial_promo)
25. Postscript at Torquay (#litres_trial_promo)
Also by Agatha Christie (#litres_trial_promo)
About the Publisher (#litres_trial_promo)