- КНИЖНЫЕ ПОЛКИ
- СЕГОДНЯ НА ПОРТАЛЕ
3. gold – silver – copper
4. copper – gold – silver
4. Why does the girl disobey the fox?
1. She is not afraid of the fox.
2. She is very brave.
3. She wants to see what will happen.
4. She wants to obey the fox, but she can’t.
5. What do the animals usually do?
1. the horse _____________
2. the cow _____________
3. the dog _____________
4. the cat _____________
6. Выберите правильный вариант:
1. The fox found the girl.
2. The fox found the glass ball.
3. The fox found the girl and the glass ball.
4. The fox did not find neither the girl nor the glass ball.
7. Why did the owl tell the fox the wrong way?
1. Because the owl did not like the fox.
2. Because the owl promised to do that.
3. Because the owl was not clever.
4. Because the fox wanted to eat the owl.
8. Ответьте на вопросы:
1. How many animals are mentioned in the story?
2. What are they?
3. What have you learned about them?
4. What would you do if you were the main character of the story?
5. What is the end of the story?
6. Retell the story.
9. Заполните таблицу:
1. The girl received a glass ball from her mother.
2. In a house.
3. copper – silver – gold
4. She wants to see what will happen.
5. The horse neighs, the cow moos, the dog barks, the cat mews.
6. The fox did not find neither the girl nor the glass ball.
7. Because the owl promised to do that.
The Three Sillies
Once upon a time there was a farmer and his wife who had one daughter. And a gentleman courted this girl. He came every evening to see her, and stopped to supper at the farmhouse, and the daughter went down into the cellar to bring the beer for supper. So one evening she went down to bring the beer, and she saw a mallet, that was hanging on the ceiling. She did not notice it before. She thought it was very dangerous to have that mallet there, and she said to herself, “If we marry, and we have a son, and he grows up and comes down into the cellar to bring the beer, the mallet will fall on his head and kill him. How awful!” And she sat down and began to cry.
Her father and the gentleman were wondering upstairs where the girl disappeared, and her mother went down to look for[54 - look for – искать] her. She saw that the girl was sitting and crying, and the beer was running all over the floor.[55 - was running all over the floor – растекалось по полу]
“What’s the matter?” said her mother.
“Oh, mother!” says she. “Look at that horrid mallet! If we marry, and we have a son, and he grows up and comes down into the cellar to bring the beer, the mallet will fall on his head and kill him. How awful! How awful!”
“Dear, dear! That’s really terrible!” said the mother, and she sat down and started to cry too. Then the father began to wonder that they didn’t come back, and he went down into the cellar. They were sitting and crying, and the beer was running all over the floor.
“What’s the matter?” says he.
“Oh,” says the mother, “look at that horrid mallet. Just think, if our daughter and her sweetheart marry, and they have a son, and he grows up and comes down into the cellar to bring the beer, the mallet will fall on his head and kill him. How awful! How awful!”
Вы ознакомились с фрагментом книги.
Для бесплатного чтения открыта только часть текста.
Приобретайте полный текст книги у нашего партнера:
Полная версия книги
(всего 11 форматов)